One of my favourite family activities is to have a backyard fire. And of course the kids want hotdogs or smokies. And sometimes s’mores. Fortunately, I don’t like marshmallows, so s’mores are easy for me to avoid.
I make particular food choices on days when I know I’ll be eating a “fun food” meal. It means everything else I eat needs to be spot on.
On this day my meals went like this:
- First thing: Fresh squeezed lemon juice with filtered water
- Breakfast: Raw Cacao Banana Smoothie
- Lunch: Handful of raw cashews, and cut veggies
- Supper: Fire roasted smokies (2) with more cut veggies
- 1 handful of chips during Big Hero 6 family movie night
- Filtered water throughout the day