Beet Red Sunset Smoothie
I didn’t used to like beets, but they are growing on me. I now enjoy them roasted and in smoothies. This raw vegan smoothie is refreshing, and I love the colour! Save the left-over pulp in a container in the fridge. Then make Beet Sunflower Crackers. (Recipe to follow in a few days, stay tuned.)
- ½ small beet or ¼ large beet, peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot, peeled, chopped into ½ inch chunks
- 1/2 inch chunk of ginger, peeled
- 1 granny smith apple, cored
- 3 c filtered water
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend for 4 minutes until smooth.
- Use a fine strainer or cheese cloth to strain this one, I find the pulp catches in my throat which is not pleasant. (Store and refrigerate the pulp for the next recipe!)