Beet Sunflower Crackers
Pictured top right corner. These raw vegan crackers have a nice mild flavour and texture, great with hummus! Uses the pulp from Beet Sunset Smoothie. (The crackers do not taste like beets.)
- 1 c ground golden flax seeds
- 1/3 c whole golden flax seeds
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Leftover beet pulp from Beet Sunset Smoothie
- 1 1/3 c water
- 2/3 c raw sunflower seeds
- Mix ground and whole flax seeds, salt, beet pulp, and water.
- Add sunflower seeds and mix in.
- Use a spatula to spread the mixture thin and evenly on a mesh dehydrator tray. I used the thickness of the sunflower seeds as a guide and covered two trays.
- Dehydrate at 104 dgs F for 4 hours.
- Flip and score the crackers into desired size. I got about 20 crackers per tray. Scoring will make it easier to break the crackers apart later.
- Dehydrate for another 4 hours until crackers are dried through and crisp. Dehydrators vary, cooking time is approximate.
- Allow to cool, serve with hummus!
- Store in air-tight container in fridge, should keep for about two months.
*The circle yellowish crackers on the plate are Turmeric Lentil, and the hexagon crackers are Multi-grain, both list healthy ingredients. Found at Costco.