Spanish Rice Dinner
Delicious, worth the time spent to make it all from scratch. My family really enjoyed this dinner. I actually tripled the recipe and used it for another dinner a couple days after.
You will need ingredients and instructions from these two recipes also:
• Spanish Brown Rice recipe by Traci York at Vanilla and Bean (I left out the Adobo Sauce, I couldn’t find it…)
• Fire Roasted Tomatoes recipe (in oven) by Rachel at MashupMom.com
Ingredients• 1 cup frozen corn • 1 can black beans • Orange, red or yellow pepper, diced • Pink salt and fresh cracked pepper • 1 avocado, peeled and cubed • 3 green onions, sliced • ¼ cup raw pistachios
Non-vegan option: • Dollop of sour cream
- Make Spanish Brown Rice and Fire-Roasted Tomatoes according to recipe links provided. 2. Over medium/high heat, in a frying pan, add a bit of olive oil.
- Add corn, black beans and pepper and scramble fry until liquid is evaporated and veggies begin to brown a bit. I added pink salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Once all is ready, add Spanish Brown Rice to plate or bowl (I use my bowl that I use for Buddha Bowls.) Scoop a spoonful of black bean, corn, and pepper mixture over the rice. Sprinkle the top with a dollop of sour cream (if you’re using), a ¼ of the avocado, ¼ of the green onion, and ¼ of the pistachios.